Many types of sanders are available in the market today. Some of you might not be aware of the Dual Action sander that is DA Sander. This sander is unique as it is a cross between the disc sander and belt sander. The sander has a sandpaper-disc that has the rotary movements along with the linear movements. As the sander has both the qualities this sander is better than both these types of sanders. Sander is a much-needed tool for sanding the auto body before painting or getting rid of rust and much more.
Best DA Sander for Auto Body
The DA sander works best for the sanding purposes as compared to the other sanders. While there are many DA Sanders available readily both online and offline, I am going to mention some best DA sanders that I came across online. Read the list of the sanders below.
1. Ingersoll Rand Dual Action Quiet Sander
Ingersoll rand DA sander is one of the top-rated product in the category of DA sanders. Sander’s design makes it easy to use this tool and hasslefree. It is also an economical dual action sander that comes with a balanced ball bearing construction. It can be used for metal preparation, feather edging, and even for the auto body work.
- The sander has an adjustable built-in regular for the positive speed control.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- As the sander has a dual-action motion pad, it delivers a swirl-free finish.
- The sander comes with a built-in silencer so that the noise produced is less while you are working with the sander.
2. TCP Global D.A. Sander for Auto Body
The TCP global D.A. sander is a professional heavy duty sander that comes with PSA backing pad. It has the bearing construction that helps in producing fewer vibrations while using it. The design of the sander is also unique and different from other sanders. The sander comes along with a PSA backing pad, coupler plug, lubricating oil, wrench and an instruction manual.
- The sander gives a swirl-free finish due to its low vibration.
- It comes with a built-in regulator to control the speed.
- The regulators are constructed with heat treated components that help in long life rear exhaust.
- The muffling system also reduces the sound level that helps in reducing the vibrations.
3. Tacklife Random Orbit Sander
The Tacklife sander comes in a compact size and unique design. It is built with precise all ball-bearing construction that helps in reducing the noise and vibration of the sander while working with it. This tool can reach tight corners due to its compact size. It also has a rubberized palm grip that helps the user to have maximum control over the sander.
- The most attractive feature of this sander is that it comes with six adjustable speed dial that helps you to manage and control the speed while you are working.
- The parts of the tools that are hand-held are rounded and are coated with the plastic that makes it easy to use this sander.
- The Sander comes with 12 pieces of sandpaper that help remove paint from wood, metal, plastic, etc.
- Its ideal for the indoor work as it is produces low noise and low vibrations.
4. Goplus Electric Sander for Auto Body
This electric sander is also one of the sanders that have gotten many positive reviews from its buyers. It is easy to work with this sander as it comes with a D-type handle that makes it convenient to have a grip over the tool. The construction of the sander is compact, and it is made up of durable anti-impact polyamides with heat treated cut gears and high-quality cooper motor.
- The sander comes with a speed dial that is convenient for users to control the speed.
- The sander comes along with a sponge pad that helps in achieving excellent results for dual-action polishing.
- The design of the sander makes it easy to store, and it is also portable.
- It has a safety switch and can be used for applications such as auto care and also for home DIY.
5. Si Fang Mini Orbital Sander for Auto Body
This mini orbital sander has a unique design that can be used to reach the smaller areas and contour the tighter areas on the auto body while sanding it. It is of high professional quality that comes with 2-inch to 3-inch sanding pad. It is highly stable, has low vibrations and also consumes low energy. Different types of sandpaper can be installed for different sander discs. It can be used for sanding some target areas on the auto body, deburring furniture and woodwork and much more.
- The sander is small in size and lightweight which makes it easy to be operated single-handedly.
- It has the rubber sleeve handle that gives a good grip to the user while using the sander.
- The energy consumption of the sander is low which makes it cost-efficient.
- Its new version has a long service life, high strength and is also wear resistant.
6. Valianto Air Random Orbital Sander
This air sander delivers the best performance with the high speed, and it also reduces the fatigue while operating the sander. The free speed of the sander can reach up to 12,000 rpm, 90 PSI air pressure, high strength that helps in improving the sander’s efficiency. These sanders are knowns as air sanders as it runs on the power generated by the air compressor.
- The sander uses a double rotation polishing technology that makes the polish effect more smooth.
- It has a built-in regulator for controlling the speed, and it is also easy to handle.
- The sander is lightweight, compact and has low vibration noise.
- The sander can be used for auto body, wood, plastic etc. and can also be used for polishing, grinding, sanding, waxing and cutting.
7. Professional Random Orbital Palm Sander
This random orbital sander is also one of the most frequently purchased sander online. Its new version has high strength, wear resistant and also have a long service life. The sander is also light in weight and looks great too. The sander can be best used for polishing purposes and all kinds of metal products. However, it is advised to use the lubricating oil that comes with the sander for enhancing the sander’s performance.
- The sander is made with the heat treated steel components that increase the longevity of the sander.
- The body of the sander is made of plastic, and it is lightweight.
- It has a comfort platform that helps in providing extra support to the wrist and hands.
- The sander has a rear exhaust and built-in regulator for speed control.
How to Use DA Sander
DA sander can remove the top layer of your car’s paint. It can also be done with the sandpaper, but nowadays everyone uses the electric orbital sander. There are many grades of paper available to finish various jobs neatly.
A dual-action sander is a versatile tool. Although, it is often taken for granted in most applications and operations. Some people believe that as it is a relatively simple tool to operate, it will work even if the operator is not trained. But in reality, it is a misconception.
DA sanding should be considered as one of the complex processes because of its manual operations. During this process, the operator must rely on judgments and the ability to remove the car surface defects. He has to produce a consistent finish, without any glitches at high production line rates.
Step 1: Choosing the paper
To scrape out the paint from your car’s upper surface, you need to use 1200-grit paper or sanding pads. These materials can easily remove the clear coat and the paint. They also make the process fast and clean.
Step 2: Preparing the machine
To eliminate the sander from digging into the surface, you should always start up the machine on the workpiece. You can avoid an irregular surface finish by keeping the sander flat on the surface of your car. Never apply excessive pressure to remove the paint and let the sander do all the work by implementing very light or moderate weight.
Step 3: Using the sander
You must have better control of the sander, especially at the time of moving across the surface to remove the paint. It is essential to sand the entire surface evenly. Uneven sanding can change the appearance of the finished wood. You have to give sufficient pressure by being consistent to finish the task.
The air supply, air hose, back-up pad and the abrasive, all play important roles when it comes to DA sander. If there is anything that is broken can cause a defect to the car’s surface.
So this is the list of all the best top-rated sanders. I have made sure that I include different types of sanders that cater to varying needs for sanding the auto body. Some of the sanders also work best for polishing too which is beneficial for car owners as they don’t have to invest in a polisher. I hope this article helps you to find the best sander in your budget.