Belt sanders are multi-purpose tools, especially used for giving a smooth finish to your woodwork. They are generally useful for shaping wood and other materials with similar textures. It is basically an electronic tool on which an incessant loop of sandpaper is installed. Wide belt sanders are incredibly versatile and precise tools. They are available in different sizes based on the type of woodwork application. And thus, you need to purchase the one which fulfills your requirements. Well, look no further because we are going to help you out with selecting one of the best wide belt sanders available out there.
How to select the best belt sander?
As mentioned earlier, belt sanders are available in different sizes and styles, which are designed specifically for different purposes and applications. They also vary in their prices, and there are a number of companies that sell wide sanders. If you’re someone who is unaware of their features, prices, and about the companies that sell one of the best sanders, then you’re at luck because we are going to help you out with your purchase based on your requirements for a small shop. Given below are the 5 best belt sanders available in the market, their prices, and reviews all noted down for your ease.
Best Wide Belt Sander
1. Makita Belt Sander
Quality: 4.7/5 stars Price: 4.8/5 stars Our rating: 5 stars
Makita is a very renowned and trustworthy brand. It is one of the top manufacturers of portable power tools. The company offers a wide variety of products ranging from woodwork tools to construction tools. The following are the best features of this large belt sander from Makita.
- It creates low noise for operator comfort (84 dB) and provides a large front grip for your convenience.
- The company also provides a 1-year warranty for this sander.
- It has a 4-inch wide belt with a speed of 1640 feet per minute for removing material faster
- Its labyrinth construction seals and protects the tool from contamination.
- It also provides a dust bag that rotates 360 degrees for convenient operation.
- It is ideal for carpenters, furniture makers, woodworkers, floor installers, etc.
- This sander also features an 11 AMP motor with electronic speed control to maintain a constant speed.
- It weighs 13 pounds, includes 4” x 24” Abrasive belt and a dust bag.
2. Shop Fox Belt Sander
Quality: 4.5/5 stars Price: 4.6/5 stars Our rating: 4.5/5 stars
Woodstock International’s SHOP FOX has earned a reputation amongst wood and metal workers for providing excellent quality equipment. They provide their customers with extremely accurate and reliable tools. Read ahead to know about its features.
- This vertical belt sander with a 6” disc is built to last. Its ruggedly built structure and a rigid quality control program ensures your safety.
- Its compact design is perfectly ideal for small shops.
- This belt sander comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Its solid cast iron base and the variety of belt options make sanding workpieces much easier.
- It has an adjustable sanding belt arm, a wide variety of discs, a tracking control knob and angle adjustment knob, and a 2 1⁄2” dust port.
- This 120V, single-phase motor, 1⁄2 horsepower, is perfect for sanding all your workpieces.
- It weighs 38 pounds, includes 4” x 36” Horizontal/Vertical belt sander with 6” disc, and has a 6- foot power cord.
- This sander is absolutely perfect for garages and workshops.
3. Astro Tools Belt Sander
Quality: 4.6/5 stars Price: 4.8/5 stars Our rating: 4.6/5 stars
Astro Pneumatic never compromises on its quality. Their designs are made, keeping the user’s optimal experience in mind. They design modernized and powerful tools for their modern users. Mentioned below are the features and specifications of this tool from Astro Pneumatic.
- This sander provides the most popular solution for spot welding and metal prep.
- It has a 360 degrees adjustable arm for better access.
- The RPM adjustment located on the rear of the handle provides for fine-tuning of speed according to your application.
- It weighs 2.2 pounds and is made of aluminum.
- This 3037 belt sander is designed to fit almost all 1⁄2” x 18” belt brands and styles.
- It has a rubber wheel, and the belt lasts for an extended period of time. As the name suggests, it is air powered.
4. BLACK+DECKER Belt Sander with Dust Bag
Quality: 4/5 stars Price: 4.5/5 stars Our Rating: 4.2/5 stars
Stanley Black & Decker manufactures industrial tools, accessories, and quality products and hardware for home improvement. This company provides electric and cordless power tools. Some of the Black & Decker products are class apart. One of them being this belt sander, which is a highly recommended product for your woodworks. Read ahead to know more about this sander.
- This product includes a DS321 sander, a medium grit sanding belt, and a dust bag.
- Its unconventional front rollers allow you to reach the tightest corners with extreme ease.
- The dust bag helps to keep your work area clean.
- Its three-position adjustable handle provides comfortable use for different applications.
- It weighs 6.5 pounds and provides a 2-year warranty for its users.
- Its compact and lightweight structure helps you to manage your tasks with great ease.
- This Black & Decker belt sander is a piece of ideal equipment for home improvement enthusiasts.
- It comes with a manual and is perfect for small jobs.
5. WEN Belt and Disc Sander
Quality: 4/5 stars Price: 4.3/5 stars Our Rating: 4/5 stars
When searching for good power tools, you might come across WEN. This company has been manufacturing and selling tools for decades. They provide a wide range of products, including nailers, sanders, bench grinders, and much more. Given below are the features of this disc sander.
- This sander has a heavy-duty cast iron base, which prevents wobbling and gives stability while doing the job.
- It comes with an adjustable belt so you can tilt it horizontally or vertically based on the needs of your work.
- It also includes a dust collection port.
- The sanding disc is attached to a table with a miter gauge.
- This two-in-one sanding machine includes both a 6 by 6inch belt and a 4 by 36-inch disc.
- It has an 80 grit belt and an 80 grit disc.
Which one is the best?
Well, it’s hard to decide on which one is the best as they all have different features for different orientations. However, in my opinion, the best one is Makita 9403 4” x 24” belt sander as it is an all-in-one product which can be used for nearly all of your work. It is a highly recommended and value for money purchase. It is quiet on the expensive side, but this is a sander, which is going to last you for a long amount of time. I hope this article would have helped you in your search for buying the best belt sander.